Monday 24 September 2012

Jen-The Dreaded Weekend

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I can eat really well and exercise during the week without much of an issue, but come the weekend it's a different matter. One of the main things I am trying to stop is going out and drinking as it just causes me to bloat and put on weight and also costing me money that I know need to save for Christmas and doing my house up!
Needless to say, Friday morning was the start of my first hurdle! I had my usual toast to get me through the morning 240 kcals and was busy so it kept me going through till dinner.
Lunch was a small portion of cajun rice left over from tea which was even nicer as the spices had time to develop even more at 355 kcal, accompanied by an Aero mousse of course (very addictive) at 109 kcals!
Thankfully I had a busy afternoon so it took my mind of any snacking and when I got home, I jumped straight on the bike so I had no excuses for 27 mins burning 200 kcal!
After my bath, I wasn't that hungry but thought I had better start at least cooking tea as takeaways were beginning to form a picture in my mind and made a chicken korma, no rice in so I had a whole naan (my treat) and the total was 851 kcal. Slightly more than usual but I still felt like I'd got my Indian without the 1000 or so extra calories. Me and the other half decided to go to the cinema so that was also difficult, as we all know what treats are lined up in front of you. Happily though, because of eating beforehand and filling up on protein it meant I was full and ignored all temptation!
So all in all 1355 calories, think I'm slowly getting the swing of this!

Saturday was always going to be the more difficult day, as at least in work I can't shop or snack but I managed fairly well. No breakfast as I don't really have one at the weekend as I'm busyish in the mornings after a lie in!
I always like to have lunch out on a Saturday and it was no exception this weekend! I did however go through the menu with a fine toothed comb to see what would look healthy! I had five spice and chilli braised beef with noodles which was lovely. I was good and had all the beef and veg and only some noodles as there was enoough to feed the 5000 and would guess it was approx 700 kcal (trying to be realistic). Saturday afternoon was another cinema visit and again being full meant no snacking, think I may be on to something here!
It was decided that it would be a chill out night and we all love our treats, so me and my other half decided to do a Dine in for £10 deal, but worked out that instead of having everything if we only had a dessert OR a bottle of wine it was still £10 so we treated ourselves to the bottle of wine instead (less calories and more pleasure!!).
I did 20 mins on the bike burning 150 kcal, I was proud I even got on the bike on a Saturday to be honest and then had our delicious tea which was breadcrumbed chicken with lemon and herb butter and salt and pepper wedges at 660 kcal. This was followed by an ice lolly at 80 kcal and accompanied by my half bottle of white wine with diet lemonade (makes it last longer) at 240 kcal.
All in all, slightly over but not a bad Saturday as I still got my treats with 1530 calories!

Sunday, if I am hungover can be my downfall, full English, fish finger sandwiches, roast dinners, you get the picture so it was really good to wake up with a clear head and feeling refreshed whilst knowing I hadn't spent lots of money either!
No breakfast again but had more of a brunch as I went to the local pancake house in Rowen (it's amazing!). I had a savoury pancake with ham, cheese, mushrooms and sweetcorn which after googling all the ingredients worked out around 500 kcal. I was dying for some cake but my stomach seems to have shrunk as I was absolutely stuffed after my pancake.
I did however go to the local farm shop and purchase a slice of Apple Crumble Cheesecake (best thing EVER!!) to accompany my wonderful...NOT! afternoon of football!
I was supposed to be cooking for my week ahead, but with trying to budget and pay day a week away I didn't, BAD Jenny! Instead I did 18 mins on the bike whilst waiting for my bath and burnt 150 kcal!
I don't know about everyone else but I love my roast dinner and with the last week getting colder, thoughts of stews and casseroles were what came to mind!
I managed to get a garlic and herb butter spatchcock chicken from Tesco half price and had this with carrot and swede mash (healthy and nicer than normal mash!), 1 yorkshire pudding (couldn't not do) and gravy. All this came to 640 kcal, so my healthy but lazy roast! Usually this would also have lots of veg but as I said, it was time to be lazy! I also had my wonderful cheesecake, it is honestly the nicest thing ever and I am guessing it is approx 400 kcal but a well worth it treat.
So my weekend finished on 1390 kcal!

No comments:

Post a Comment